The Wabash Valley Amateur Radio Association was organized circa 1927.
It was incorporated as a non-profit, tax-exempt, charitable corporation on
April 27, 1972 under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code.
The Wabash Valley Amateur Radio Association was chartered as an
club on April 5, 1934.
Wabash Valley Amateur Radio Association is recognized by the American Radio Relay League
as a Special Service Club offering a wide range of services
to all amateur radio operators throughout the Wabash Valley.
Our purpose is to extend knowledge of the radio art, to advance the general interest
and welfare of amateur radio in the community, to encourage service to the public,
and to promote friendly social contact among amateur radio
Members of the WVARA demonstrating amateur radio to students at the Rose Polytechnic Institue on June 7, 1935.